Quick Guide for Advanced Users:
Log in to email > In top right hand corner select “Options” > Account info > Account Security > Email Addresses
Note: You may be asked to login an additional time to verify your password.
Step-by-Step Guide to Add, Delete, or Edit Your AOL Account’s Recovery Options:
- Log into your AOL Account.
- In the top right-hand corner should have your email listed. Select “Options” below that.
- Select “Account info” in the drop-down menu.
Note: Your browser may recognize this as a pop-up and block it from opening. In the URL bar click the icon that has a red X and looks like a browser window. You’ll have the option to Continue Blocking or Always allow pop ups and redirects on AOL. Select the allow option and click done. Try the same step again.
- In the new window that pops up on the left-hand side, you’ll find and select “Account Security”.
- This is going to ask you to login again to verify your password.
- Toward the middle of the screen, you’ll see “Email Addresses” and the respective emails that are currently connected.
- Click Email Addresses. (If you haven’t setup an email yet then it will just say “Add recovery email address“.
- To delete an email, you’ll have a trash icon to the right of the address you’d like to remove. Click that icon and confirm.
- To add a recovery email, select “Add recovery email address” at the bottom.
- You’ll be asked to enter the email you’d like set as your recovery email.
- When you do this you will be asked to log into the email you’re adding in order to verify that you have access to that email. In the email sent, there will be a link that you’ll click and it will verify the account for you.
If you need further help, consider help from HelpCloud Technician by-the-hour.