Quick Guide for Advanced Users:
Log into email > In the top right hand corner select your account > Google Account > Personal Info > Contact Info Section.
Step-by-Step Guide to Add, Delete, or Edit Your Gmail Recovery Phone Number:
Before you begin, most likely you’ll be asked for the password to your account when you try to make these changes. Be sure you have the password for that email address.
- Log into the Gmail account.
- Click the top right-hand corner picture where you would typically go to log out. When you open that, select the blue button that says Google Account.
- Look for the navigation panel on the left-hand side of the window and select Personal info.
- Under the Contact Info section, select the phone option.
- You can either add a recovery number, change existing numbers (select the Pen icon to edit), or delete a number (select the Trash icon to delete)
Notes and Tips:
For your security, you should only use a phone number you currently have access to and use regularly.
For more help on this issue, you can check out this link here:
Or reach out to us here at HelpCloud.