Apple Mail on Mac devices is a mail client application many Mac users use to access their email.
When you’re setting up your account or if you’re trying to send and receive, you may receive an error stating “SMTP Offline” Here’s two ways you can potentially resolve the issue:
- Open the mail application and click on “Mail” in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Go to the Accounts tab and under Password retype the password in the space provided
- Click on the triangle alert box near the inbox that you’re attempting to repair and it should resolve the issue. If it’s still unresolved, continue to Step 4.
- Under Accounts, go to Advanced and “disable SSL” (some email providers such as Verizon’s servers have issues with that protocol).
- Click the triangle and it should be resolved.
TIP: Need help finding the right Server Settings? Simply do a Google Search with the name of your email provider. For example: “Comcast email server settings”.
If you can’t figure this out then reach out to HelpCloud Technician by-the-hour.
More Apple Mail Basics and Help
Read our blog post on how to download, setup and use Apple Mail.