Email forwarding is a rule that you can setup in your email account that allows you to re-send or forward any emails you receive from one email account to another email account. This can be setup to forward your emails to multiple addresses as well. You can also choose to have the messages deleted out of the original inbox, or you can choose to keep both copies on both emails. You can also choose to have all the emails be forwarded or just specific ones, not including spam.
Tip: You can only setup forwarding on a computer, not the Mobile App.
- Log in to the email account that you’d like your messages to be forwarded from.
- In the top right corner select the “Settings” (button with a gear icon).
- From here you’ll select “Accounts“.
- Go down and select “Forward“
- Enter the email address
- You can select ”Store and forward” or ”Store and forward and mark as read”
This will mark the email as read on the primary email that’s receiving the messages in the first place.
- Click “Verify” and a verification email will be sent to that email address.
- Click “Save“.
To verify the address:
- Log into the email that you’re adding.
- Open the verification email that was sent.
- Follow the instructions in that email.