First, you’ll log in to the AOL email that you’d like to add your recovery option too.
- 1. In the top right-hand corner you should have your email listed. Select “Options” below that.
- Select “Account info” in the drop-down menu.
Tip: your browser may recognize this as a pop-up and block it from opening. In the URL bar click the icon that has a red X and looks like a browser window. You’ll have the option to Continue Blocking or Always allow pop ups and redirects on AOL. Select the allow option and click “Done”. Repeat Step 2.
- In the new window that pops up click “Account Security” on the left-hand side.
- This is going to ask you to login again to verify your password.
- In the new window that pops up on the left-hand side, you’ll find and select “Account Security”.
- Towards the middle of the screen, you’ll have phone numbers and the numbers that are currently connected.
Click ”Phone numbers” (If you haven’t set up a phone number yet then it will just say “Add recovery phone number”).
- To delete a number, you’ll have a trash icon to the right of the number you’d like to remove.
- To add a number, select “Add recovery Phone number” at the bottom.
- You’ll then be asked to enter the phone number you’d like set as your recovery option
They will have you verify this is your number one of two ways. You can opt for a phone call or receive a text message.
However you decide to have the verification send, you’ll be given a code when they contact you.
Enter the code they sent and that should verify your phone.