Skip to content
These steps help with troubleshooting and fixing the following Windows operating system issues and errors:
- Class not Registered
- All Microsoft applications fail to boot
- All icons fail to start and CMD reboots of explorer.exe fail
- Can’t start Settings in CMD
- Slow interactions or boot up
- Open CMD as an administrator.
- Run sfc /scannow to verify system files.
- If the sfc scan came back with errors, reboot the system and repeat the process until there are no longer any errors. Then proceed with instructions.
- If files come back with no errors then proceed to run the following command to restore the default settings for all .dll functionality: for /f %s in (’dir /b /s *.dll’) do regsvr32 /s %s
- Reboot the computer.