Skip to content
- Open Start in the bottom left hand corner screen.
- Type in “Run” and click the run option that pulls up in the menu list.
- In the Run box that pops up Type in “cmd”. This is the command to open a Command Prompt.
- Click “OK” at the bottom of the Run window. Doing so will open Command Prompt.
- Enter the password reset command. Type in “net user username new_password”, where “username” is the username for the account which password you want to change and “new_password” is the new password that you want to assign.
For example: to change the password to “pupper123” for an account named “hugsky”, you would enter: net user hugsky pupper123
- Press Enter. This will immediately change the password for the selected account.
- Restart the computer and verify it took the password.