Having the wrong time can cause connectivity issues while surfing the web. If malware or a program/app has changed the clock on your computer or the clock has been custom set to the incorrect time, follow the instructions below on how to Update your Date and Time and additional time management settings.
- Select the Apple Icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click ‘System Preferences’
- At the bottom of the window select ‘Date and Time’.
Before you’re able to make changes, click the lock icon located in the bottom left corner of the window and enter the password to the computer.
- There will be 3 tabs at the top: Date and Time, Time Zone and Clock
- Just below these tabs will be a drop down menu.
- Click this and select ‘Apple Americas/U.S (time.apple.com)’.
Make sure the box next to ‘Set date and time automatically:’ is checked. This will prevent you having issues in the future by automatically syncing your time to your Timezone.
To Manually Change Your Date and Time:
- You’ll have your calendar date on the left and the settings for your time in digital format where you can manually set the date and time yourself.
- To manually set your own Time Zone, select the ‘Time’ tab located at the top of the window and select your region on the map.
- Additional settings you can manage such as your Calendar and Time Format options will be under ‘Open Language and Region.
- Adjusting your clock display settings such as the digital/analog time format, can be found under the ‘Clock’ tab.