Typically you’ll update a browser by going through the browser itself.
Safari is different and is managed through the App Store by Apple and will regularly check for updates automatically. If you prefer to install updates manually, follow the instructions below.
- Select the Apple icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Select ‘Software Update’
- – If you don’t have ‘Software Update’ select ‘App Store’ instead.
- Your new window will have various tabs. Make sure the last tab ‘Updates’ is selected.
- Scroll through the list and locate ‘Safari’
- Select the ‘Update’ button off to the right of Safari
*Additionally, you select ‘Update All’ at the top to install all updates.