- Start by clicking the Start button in the lower left corner.
- In the search box, type “Update”.
- In the list of results, click either ‘Windows Update’ or ‘Check for updates’.
- Click the number of updates to view individual updates. From here you can check/uncheck the box to choose which updates you want to install.
- Once finished, select ‘Ok’ then ‘Install Updates’
- Once the download is finished, your computer will prompt you to restart the device.
- Restart the computer to allow the updates to install.
NOTE: Depending on the size and how many updates you have, this can take up to hours to complete. It’s important you DO NOT INTERRUPT THE INSTALL/UPDATE PROCESS.
Software updates regularly include critical security patches for your software. Staying in the habit of regularly running windows updates and updating your browsers is important for these reasons, as the most harmful malware attacks come from taking advantage of these software vulnerabilities.
If you would rather a professional helps you through the process of updating your Windows operating system then reach out to our professional technicians.